Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Man Hunt

I went to the Natas Travel Fair last weekend. Gosh, it was a place teeming with eye candy. ;p Particularly at the Japan Travel Bureau's booth. Boy, the Jap guys were hot. It didn't help that I was with a boy-crazy girl friend. We do the weirdest things when we are together. She leads me astray.

Anyway, I just got so nervous when my friend attempted to drag me to spy on one of them. I hyperventilated - my usual way of coping with stress. I got so work up and kinda screeched at her super loudly that I am not going to spy at that hot guy, aka Mr Yokohama. (We crowned him the winner. :p) I just wanted to shrivel up and die then. No, just bury me six feet under, it would be less painful and faster. I don't want to look hideous before Mr Yokohama anyway. It was embarrassing, and I guess it went down into my clique's history annals. Man, I took a jibe from one of them when I went for Jap on Tuesday. Just a note, Mr Yokohama is married. I am no home-wrecker, but can I still reserve the right of lamenting that he is taken. Sigh... He was really cute. Tight plums for a butt (As author of "God of Small things", Arudhati Roy, would describe men's butts), a handsome nose and puppy eyes. Sigh...

Why do I end up doing weird things with her? The last time I went out with her, she made me borrow trash fiction for her. Personally, I think it is so humiliating for a lit student to touch that. Call me prudish. I am just totally repulsed by such books. It isn't a good-bad book like Harry Potter or John Grisham's law stories. It is one of those novels with unbelievably muscular men and gorgeous girls on the book cover. They call it porn fiction in fact. But, she is a decent friend. I always have a good time with her.

Anyway, back to Man Hunt. Mr Hokkaido was far behind Mr Yokohama. He was the first runner-up. The rest was just mediocre or forgettable. I can't decide who would be in the spot for second runner-up. The Australian booth was a little disappointing with the "hot guy" factor. For my guy-crazy mate who laps up the Korean wave totally, Mr Korea was a let down. Oh well.

I am playing "The Myth" by Jackie Chan and Kim on repeat mode. I am pathetic....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home