Letter to A Friend (2)
Dear Mr XX,
Thank you for your comforting words. In fact, they were more than words of comfort. It gave me some direction. Something that I am in dire need of. The university issue has been a bugbear of late. I am in utter dilemma. Life after the A level exams does seem so aimless and uncertain. Growing up scares me silly.I am terrified of the responsibilities and choices we have to make. Too many sacrifices and choices we haveto make. It brings nothing but pain.
University – it’sa fight between one’s love and rationality. A business degree would be more marketable than an arts degree.Yes, it still boils down to the hateful “dollar and cents” issue. I loathe it. It makes life so wretched.This horrid chase that we all embrace.
“Oh Lord, what fool these mortals be”. – Puck in Midsummer Night’s Dream
Running away does seem so much easier. The problemspile up though, if only they would wither away. Yet,how do you mend a broken spirit? Perhaps, I am not the only one with shattered dreams.
I am too proud. I fear mediocrity. Somehow, the thought of sitting behind an office desk for the next40 years of my life frightens me. Yet, only a fewwould be able to go beyond. I fear graduation. I fear the things life may bring.
Truly,
Ennui and her disjointed thoughts
Thank you for your comforting words. In fact, they were more than words of comfort. It gave me some direction. Something that I am in dire need of. The university issue has been a bugbear of late. I am in utter dilemma. Life after the A level exams does seem so aimless and uncertain. Growing up scares me silly.I am terrified of the responsibilities and choices we have to make. Too many sacrifices and choices we haveto make. It brings nothing but pain.
University – it’sa fight between one’s love and rationality. A business degree would be more marketable than an arts degree.Yes, it still boils down to the hateful “dollar and cents” issue. I loathe it. It makes life so wretched.This horrid chase that we all embrace.
“Oh Lord, what fool these mortals be”. – Puck in Midsummer Night’s Dream
Running away does seem so much easier. The problemspile up though, if only they would wither away. Yet,how do you mend a broken spirit? Perhaps, I am not the only one with shattered dreams.
I am too proud. I fear mediocrity. Somehow, the thought of sitting behind an office desk for the next40 years of my life frightens me. Yet, only a fewwould be able to go beyond. I fear graduation. I fear the things life may bring.
Truly,
Ennui and her disjointed thoughts

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home