December
Alright, last day of November. December will be here in a couple of hours - the music, the blues. It's a love-hate relationship with this month of paradox. A month that I look forward to, yet loathe its impending end. It's the beginning of an end, and the end of a beginning. What a loopy time of the year!
December terrifies me. The looming thought of an end of a year and the start of a new school year fills me with dread. I would get twitchy eyelids days before the end of the year and there would be this mad scramble to complete my holiday homework. I detest that part of it. Shopping for that dreaded pair of BATA shoes was a pain in the ass. Textbook shopping was an absolute chore, it was this hurried mad rush to get things done. (I come from a family of procastinators.)
I love this feeling of specialness in December, where everything appears so magical. When hearts soften, and things become beautiful. I love that part of it. I love my family moments where we gather for the Christmas party (Singaporean-styled). I secretly laugh and relish the moments where we would weigh ourselves at these parties, and everyone would poke fun of my weight. (Gosh, I am heavier than my uncles, can u believe it!) I love my screaming cousins and the clack of the mahjong tiles. The blasting tv that no one is watching. I love demanding for supper right after the Christmas dinner to make everyone gasp. I love this charitable feeling in me that makes me want to help the world. (PS, I am volunteering for SPCA this Christmas, they will be running some booths at shopping centres to sell shirts, diaries etc. Do give them your support! Will keep you posted on this.) That's my December.
Ironically, I love Christmas in rainy Singapore. Chuck the white snow. I like the rain!
December terrifies me. The looming thought of an end of a year and the start of a new school year fills me with dread. I would get twitchy eyelids days before the end of the year and there would be this mad scramble to complete my holiday homework. I detest that part of it. Shopping for that dreaded pair of BATA shoes was a pain in the ass. Textbook shopping was an absolute chore, it was this hurried mad rush to get things done. (I come from a family of procastinators.)
I love this feeling of specialness in December, where everything appears so magical. When hearts soften, and things become beautiful. I love that part of it. I love my family moments where we gather for the Christmas party (Singaporean-styled). I secretly laugh and relish the moments where we would weigh ourselves at these parties, and everyone would poke fun of my weight. (Gosh, I am heavier than my uncles, can u believe it!) I love my screaming cousins and the clack of the mahjong tiles. The blasting tv that no one is watching. I love demanding for supper right after the Christmas dinner to make everyone gasp. I love this charitable feeling in me that makes me want to help the world. (PS, I am volunteering for SPCA this Christmas, they will be running some booths at shopping centres to sell shirts, diaries etc. Do give them your support! Will keep you posted on this.) That's my December.
Ironically, I love Christmas in rainy Singapore. Chuck the white snow. I like the rain!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home