Friday, November 10, 2006

On Religion

I have been grappling with issues of religion of late. Buddhism VS Christianity. The latter being my long-held faith. My Faith that I have struggled with over the years. The years of being a backslider. The occasions of being the prodigal son where I run back to the Lord begging for forgiveness and help. The anger. The frustration. The denial of my culture's main faith. The doubt and ambiguity that has kept me at bay. Yet the mystery that enthralled me and drew me with its hypnotic chants. Hypnotic not in the negative sense, but in its own queer way that casts a transient sense of relief upon my heart. The serene statue of Buddha that compels me to cast myself before him and weep. Or the Catholic Churches that has never cease to captivate me with its architecture, the prayer cushions that bear the imprint of my knees. The times where I have sob before the cross, seeking for an answer, praying for his love.

My aimless spiritual journey. My many questions. My regrets.

The issue of Karma has drawn me of late. I wonder. Have I met you in my past life time? I guess we did. We must have owned each other a debt in our previous lives, therefore we have come together again to pay this debt. Karma - created and destroyed each day. Will I meet you in next? Clear our debts to each other and we shall never meet again. Our paths shall not cross and we shall go our separate ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home