Tuesday, December 12, 2006

On the Spree We Go...

It's the time of the year where we make this annual shopping pilgrimage to Espirit. For 3 days, we would obsess over nothing but stuff from Espirit. These magical 3 days where my Mummy goes crazy with me. The best thing about it - Daddy picks up the tab and he gets super generous about it as he is particular about us dressing up smartly. (He hates the pair of denim shorts that I so love and freaks out every time I walk out of the house wearing it.) And since Mummy is present to do damage control, he is cool about paying.

We ripped last year's record into shreds. I shall not talk about it, but my parents were frightfully generous about it. For Mummy and sister, it would be the set of clothes that is going to last them for a good part of the year. For me, shopping is an all-year round affair. (Yes, spendthrift me.) But the Espirit pilrimage is the highlight of all shopping trips; and I rely mostly on pants from Espirit so the pants are going to be the staple for a good part of the year. It's nowhere the ranks of Zara and Mango, but Espirit will do.

My parents have expensive tastes in clothes but they would invest in few reliable pieces and last them for a good part of the year. My Mum is never able to comprehend people's ability to compromise quality for variety. Her trustyworth $70 Everbest shoes has lasted her more than a year and remains in a good condition. She has seen her colleague go through 5 pairs in the same time. Oh well. Each to his or her own I guess.

Anyway, it was frightening for once to see Mummy pick up a $90 top without batting an eyelid. Espirit tops seriously are not worth that price tag. The quality ain't there. Their shirts stretch after a few wash - I quit buying shirts from them. I nearly succumbed to my whim for fancy dresses again,but after persuasion from friends and relatives I returned it to the shelves. (Yes, the Espirit pilgrimage is a family and close family friends affair. We pick a day and go wild together. We create havoc in the dressing room. The sales staff's nightmare really.)

So it goes, the Espirit Wonderland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home