Friday, May 12, 2006

On the High

I have been on a morphine high for the past month. I am not on drugs. My morphine was Japan, it allowed me to run away from my troubles. It was escapism for me. It was a spiritual journey that I was so afraid to embrace because of my Christian influences. I was seeking but I found nothing. The experience was incomplete. I needed to be away - alone. Having Dad for company was not ideal, accomodations and compromises have to be made when one travels with another. I could not do as I please. I could not sit and watch the day go by. I could not bask under the sun. It was just this relentless hurry to get to all the sights.

I am still wallowing in this state of self-pity. I cry in my heart. What a fool am I.

Bad Day - Daniel Powter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home